Search This Blog

Wednesday 25 December 2013

Update

I can't get a bearing off the 206 motor at the moment.  It is in pieces at the moment though.  Pictures to follow.

This is the actual machine, set in its table.  I think it was made in Scotland in 1940 but I can't quite remember, I'll have to check.



It has a fabulous knee lift presser foot which is very useful.


The motor is 1/4 horsepower and mounted underneath the table.

Here are some pictures of the dismantling process.



Firstly I disconnected the electrical wires to the motor.



Then I unlooped the middle metal band, it just clipped down.


The ends then prise off, I'm not all that sure it had been cleaned recently.







Taping a shaped piece of cardboard to the vacuum cleaner nozzle worked very well for vacuuming it clean


After a thorough vacuuming


From the side.

More pictures to follow in the next post and some Christmas photos as well.

2 comments:

  1. Ingenious. Well done. I think my machine may benefit from a visit.
    XXXX

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. If you want me to look at it bring it down but I'm warning you, Husqvarnas are very frustrating machines to work on! However, payment by chocolate figs would be greatly appreciated :-))

      Delete